Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Meals (using Day 3 of the diet)

Breakfast
2 eggs fried in goat's milk butter with sauteed, julienned zucchini (also in goat's milk butter) and green tea. Feeling good.


Lunch & Dinner
I'm eating the leftovers from lunch for dinner. Still feeling good.


Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
I roasted 1/2 cubes of sweet potato and carrots (first I mixed in goat milk butter, brown sugar, salt and black pepper) at 400 degrees F. I think it's more traditional to do it at 450, but my millet bake needed to be cooked at 400.

Baked Millet & Squash
I adapted the recipe from autumnmakesanddoes.com (link). I used acorn squash instead of butternut, just because the butternut squash at my co-op was so huge I didn't think I could carry it home with the rest of my groceries. I also used goat milk and goat milk butter in place of the whole milk and olive oil. Instead of rosemary I used scallions.



Snacks and Beverages
I have been having sparkling water to help replace my soda habit. Today's water was berry flavored.


Other snacks include an apple, goat cheese, raspberries, and pecans. (Raspberries aren't really a part of my Day 3, so I'll just have to hold off on them a few days)

Ah, yes, and some New Grist gluten-free (rice & sorghum) beer (link).  

I had some symptoms throughout the night, so I'm thinking the garlic & shallots in the baked millet might have been a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment